DJ Hire London
Mix City provides DJ's and Mobile Discos to a variety of private & corporate events across London & the surrounding areas. We have a variety of packages that are suitable for any function and can be tailored to your specific needs. As a company we hold full Public Liability insurance and any equipment we supply has been PAT tested.
We have services for every type of party, some of the events we cover include:
- Birthdays (All ages)
- School Graduation Balls
- Children's Parties
- Bars & Clubs
Our Mobile Disco packages are popular with people having private parties such as a birthday or wedding. Your DJ will be carefully chosen to ensure that he or she is the most suited DJ to your particular event. With private functions there is a good chance that your chosen venue wont have the necessary sound & lighting equipment needed for the party, but with the mobile package this isn't a problem. The Mobile DJ hire package includes all the essential equipment required to make your celebration a huge success. Click to below and find our more. You might also like to check out our Mobile Disco blog to find out everything you need to know when booking a Mobile DJ
The traditional karaoke party has been around since the 1960's and has always been a big hit with people of all ages. Interestingly though in recent years it has been a rapidly growing trend across London for many celebrations. Karaoke is a versatile style of entertainment and is suitable for any occasion. With our karaoke package you will receive a specialist Karaoke DJ, along with all the professional equipment needed. For more information click below.
At Mix City We understand Just how important your bid day is and that's why we will supply a DJ who is highly experienced and a dedicated specialist wedding DJ. It's very likely you will have an idea of how you want your wedding to look and feel, so we are on hand to tailor our wedding entertainment package to your particular needs. As standard for the wedding entertainment package we use intelligent beautiful lighting effects to ensure that your wedding doesn't just sound great, but visual looks stunning. Click below to find out more.
Bar & Club DJ
Mix City is proud to supply DJ's to some of London's most popular bars and Clubs. No two venues are the same and each particular bar requires a particular DJ where his or her expertise & style are suited to the venues. That's why we make it our job to know your bar or club inside out to ensure we provide you with the perfect DJ. Our club DJ's are carefully selected to ensure they meet Mix City's high standards. Fine out more below.
Useful DJ hire and party planning advice articles.
DJ Hire London Checklist
Confirm your venue allows music - when making arrangements to hire a DJ it's a good idea to confirm with your venue that the style of music that will be played is permitted. Many London venues have stric guidlines about live music. Request all of the inofomtion and forward on to your entertainment provider.
Check the choice of DJ - There are many styles of DJ available so it's always worth double checking that the DJ you have booked is suitable for your particular event. Mix City are always on hand to advise which DJ will suit your party the best.
Sign Contracts - this is applies more to people who would like to hire a DJ who might have been recommend to them by a friend or family member. To ensure that you receive the DJ you desire, book in advance and secure with a contact.
Once completing the contract you will need to confirm the following:
- Venue address
- Date of Function
- DJ arrival time
- DJ set-up and sound check time
- Finish time
- Any further specific rudiments (announcements, song requests etc)
Confirm your DJ's details with the venue - ensure that the venue has all of your DJ hire booking details:
- DJ contact name and number, including Mix City's contact details
- DJ arrival time
- Sound Check
- Staff to help the DJ should there be stairs or difficult access to the venue
- Electricity supply for the DJ
- Confirm start and finish times for the entertainment
- Suitible Parking avaivble. Parking in London can sometimes be chellenge for DJ's as they need to unload equpimtent ready to be setup in the venue. Make sure a parking space is avible for the DJ upon his or her arrival.
Note down any changes to your function - record any changes to your party schedule that may effect the DJ. For example, meal times, arrival times, other entertainment hire that may use the same space and electricity supply as the DJ.
Keep in touch with the DJ hire agency - Join Mix City's mailing list and keep up to date with all of the latest news and DJ hire offers available in London and elsewhere. Or visit the website and check out the most current blog posts.
Make a playlist - should you have any particular songs that you would like played at your party, you can send us a playlist to ensure they feature in your DJ set on the night. You may also request songs directly to the DJ during the event.
Dress Code - if your event is themed you might like your DJ to dress in relation to the theme. Should this be the case, Please inform Mix City of this prior to your party.
Check the payment method - check with the DJ hire company about the payment details. In some cases the arrangement might be for cash on the night, so you may make arrangements with the venue to keep money in the safe. Mix City cannot accept cheques.
Further things to consider on the day of your event:
On the day of the function you or the party coordinator should check the following:
- Arrange for a member of staff to greet the DJ on arrival and show him or her where to set up.
- The space where the setup will be need to be told to staff before they begin setting up the room
- Staff on hand to help the DJ bring equipment into the venue
- Access to a suitable electricity supply
- A senior member of the venue team on hand to lease with the DJ with regards to volume levels, use of lighting effects and smoke machines etc
Make yourself known to the DJ - a friendly welcome will be greatly appreciated by your DJ and he or she will find it useful knowing who you are from the rest of the guests.
Keep the DJ in the loop - esspecialy if the party isnt quite keeping to the scedule. Most DJ's are flexible and ready to make ajjuments to their service should it be required
Keep and eye on the children - sound and lighting equiptment is highly sensitive and the last thing your DJ needs is for an ovely enfusstic child playing woth equtiment that cold cause damage to themselfs and others.
What are the benefits of hiring a DJ in London with Mix City?
- Professional advice and support to ensure you get the most suable DJ for your you event. Expert guidance is available at every stage of the booking process.
- A quick and easy service with a team of experienced entertainment staff ready to answer all your questions.
- Reliable and safe booking process to give you piece of mind that the payment is handled securely and the DJ you receive meets the level expected.
- Very good value for money. Our prices ageists the quality of our service are very competitive for DJ hire fees across London.
- Well established business that has an outstanding level of customer satisfaction.
- Emergency backup DJ in the unlikely event that there is a problem with your original DJ on the day of the event.
- All of our DJ's are highly vetted to ensure each are very experienced and work to an elite level within the entertainment industry. The DJ's available for hire have excellent feedback from various clients & venues in London and throughout the UK.
- From the beginning of the booking process to the end our system is very easy to use and we offer support and advice at each stage. Our Email and telephone service is highly efficient and intuitive. Give us a try and see for yourself.